“KPG Math Extinction” by Blemishes
Having accepted the challenge, our hero walked into YouTube woods to learn how to bake cookie-cutter cookies at a temperature not recommended for human consumption and burned the whole batch.
Working title – “Fletcherargonmathcuminatmophilefarm Soup Or KPG Math Extinction FAMCAF.”
I didn’t see the options at first but I guess I chose 1. I went through some back and forth about finishing this but I wanted to show up and do the work
Recorded, mixed & mastered May 13/14 2022 by Jim Lemanowicz at Blissville Electro-Magnetic Laboratories of Massapequa.
©2022 Jim Lemanowicz
Process Notes –
Certain decisions were made at the start
– Length of 2:30-3:00 min
– Key of F Phrygian with a bass line using E
– Build it at a tempo of 80 and then slow down most of the parts to 10BPM. I elected to leave the one-note bass line at the original speed, to at least somewhat have a connection to techno, which is really something I know little about anyway.
– do a bit of a buildup and breakdown, thinking this might be less important or impactful a this tempo
– Roland SH2 softsynth bass
– Ableton’s Drum Essentials kick
– Ableton’s 16 hihats drum rack with some random midi selection built in
Added instrumentation that I didn’t quite feel was “techno” but it worked at the slower speed for me, and made it over all more of an ambient piece
– Two tracks of Native Instruments Absynth
– One track of arpeggiated Native Instruments Massive
Effects and stuff
– Ableton Live native devices
– iZotope plugins – Neutron Elements and Ozone Elements
This original version of “KPG Math Extinction” was submitted as part of Disquiet Junto Project 0541: 10BPM Techno. Make some snail-paced beats.
More on the Disquiet Junto at: disquiet.com/junto/
Subscribe to project announcements here: tinyletter.com/disquiet-junto/