“FiveFourTenSixteen In Low” by Freedom From Polio
Between the clouds and the wind, he thought he might have seen her face…
Recorded, mixed & mastered May 05 2022 & 25 Jul 2018 by Jim Lemanowicz at Blissville Electro-Magnetic Laboratories of Massapequa.
©2022 Jim Lemanowicz
Process notes –
Audiobus 3 – generative improv recorded on 05 May 2022 on an iPad mini 4 in the backyard
– Using about 3 min of the 11:29 improv, mainly in 10/16
– Fugue machine
– Rozeta cells and LFO
– Axon 2
– AudioShare to record audio
– One stereo track as exported from iOS, loaded into Ableton Live 11
Approx 1.5 mins of saxophone recorded with iPhone in my bathroom on 25 Jul 2018, named “sex in the bathroom.”
– loaded as two additional tracks in Live
– one sliced to MIDI in 5/4
– one raw audio track, cut into 3 segments and stretched
– Native Live devices & GSnap64 applied to sax tracks only
– mastered using Ozone Elements twice, I chose the first master
Art – captured 21 Feb 2022 with a Kodak Brownie Bullet in the backyard, where the iPad recording above was later made.
This original version of “FiveFourTenSixteen In Low” was submitted as part of Disquiet Junto Project 0540: 5ive 4our. Take back 5/4 for Jedi time masters Dave Brubeck and Paul Desmond.
More on the Disquiet Junto at: disquiet.com/junto/
Subscribe to project announcements here: tinyletter.com/disquiet-junto/