Sleeping With A Grease by Gossamer Horatio
I woke up this morning with a simple idea – do the OPPOSITE of what I am supposed to do and then just reverse the whole track.
Recorded, mixed & mastered 21/22 Apr 2022 by Jim Lemanowicz at Blissville Electro-Magnetic Laboratories of Massapequa.
©2022 Jim Lemanowicz
This original version of “Sleeping With A Grease” was submitted as part of Disquiet Junto Project 0538: Guided Decompression. Get someone from tense to chill.
More on the Disquiet Junto at: disquiet.com/junto/
Subscribe to project announcements here: tinyletter.com/disquiet-junto/
Random generation of one MIDI part, Ableton Live Suite 11
– to focus more on the MIDI generation and effects here, I chose a preset for Live’s Wavetable device named “Drunken Flutters.”
– added MIDI randomization of notes/velocity plus a scale quantizer and settled into a nice peaceful Hirajōshi scale meditation
– I picked parameters I would change slowly when I hit record – wavefold distortion, the amount of notes being randomized and what notes I would change in the scale as the piece unfolded
– Set up a resample audio track and I hit record, changed parameters until I ended up with a more distorted & chaotic piece – about 5 min long
– Copied the resample to a new audio track, muted the other two, reversed, condensed it down to about 3:20 in the texture warp mode.
– Added two more noisy Live devices – Erosion and Redux & drew in automation to reduce these near the end of the track
– Added Reverb and Delay, did the opposite, adding more of each as it went.
– added two slow stretched excerpts of outside birds and lawnmowers from 04/21 in panned stereo and faded them as the piece progressed