Shedding Skin by Slant 7
Choosing fewer musical elements can be like shedding skin.
Recorded & mixed Apr 07 2022 by Jim Lemanowicz at Blissville Electro-Magnetic Laboratories of Massapequa.
©2022 Jim Lemanowicz
This original version of “Shedding Skin” was submitted as part of Disquiet Junto Project 0536: Metaphor Play. Take a favorite figure of speech as a creative prompt.
More on the Disquiet Junto at: disquiet.com/junto/
Subscribe to project announcements here: tinyletter.com/disquiet-junto/
Random generation of two MIDI parts, Ableton Live Suite 11
– string instrument pluck (single notes, arped)
– organ sound (two notes, using chord midi effect)
– Use only delay on string pluck sound – and env follower from organ to affect delay speed
– Use only corpus on organ and env follower from pluck to impact corpus decay
– Adjust gain/attenuator of env follower as the piece goes on.
– Automate reverb, Buffer Shuffler & distortion as piece goes on.