Sphere of Influence by Lumber Mart
Recorded & mixed Feb 24-46 2022 by Jim Lemanowicz at Blissville Electro-Magnetic Laboratories of Massapequa.
©2022 Jim Lemanowicz
Process notes –
For over 950 days, since April 2019, I have recorded at least 5 min of sound a day if I chose to record at all. Ideally, this would have been every day but there have been breaks. These have mainly included random note generation and improvisation in terms of “density” in its many forms.
For this assignment, I used approximately 5 minutes of a 30 min piece recorded as “Day 952” for this assignment.
24 Feb 2022 – main recording session
– Ableton Live 11
– SonicLAB Fundamental 2 – I used this to generate random tones
– Ableton Clean Delay – I used this to embellish
– Ableton Filter Delay – I used this to embellish
26 Feb 2022 – editing, mixing and mastering session
– Warped setting on Beat
– Stretched to about 10 min and then snipped down to the final length
– transient envelope forward and very short
– these were all used to limit sound and add space
– K-Devices Shaper – this is mixed in gradually from start to finish, also serving to limit sound and bring us away from the tonal.
I have a standard finishing process that includes Ableton Live’s limiter and utility plugins followed by applying iZotope Ozone Elements at my discretion.