So I’ve been using the GTD (Getting Things Done) system for organizing myself for just over a week now. I am still reading the book and still only in the first “collecting” section but I have jumped ahead enough to be able to use the system with DoIt.IM software, which seems to be pretty aligned with the philosophy.
This will be a short post but things to note –
- I’m doing well planning the day in the morning and reviewing it at night.
- It seems to work very well at work and for helping me not forget bills and other unpleasant things.
- I’m still a little rough on how it will help me organize my creativity and reading, which seems to be a bunch of “Someday” tasks that are piling up. I think the idea is that I will clear the decks of the unpleasant stuff enough to where I can start to schedule time to do more creative things.
- With social media, it’s great to schedule 2 days a week for most social media but I purposely didn’t try to tackle Facebook yet.
- It’s been a good few days – no real emergencies. Let’s see how it holds up when things get tough.
That’ll be it for today but I’ll be back next Tuesday for more…